France invites African entrepreneurs to summit
France will use the occasion of the 28th Africa-France Summit in Bordeaux, in June 2020, to tackle sustainability issues across cities and territories in Africa. Hence the country is throwing down a challenge tagged ‘the challenge of 1000’ to African contractors with innovative solutions and fresh ideas.
The contractors are expected to participate at the summit, where they will present their ideas before a select panel.
According to an announcement made available by the APO Group on behalf of Ambassade de France à Windhoek, Namibie, 1000 African entrepreneurs are expected to present their solutions at the Cité des Solutions, an exhibition dedicated to projects and solutions for sustainable cities and territories, which will be held during the 28th Africa-France Summit (Bordeaux, 4-6 June 2020).
Applications are open until 31 January 2020.
The selection of contractors will be based on the following criteria :
- To be an African entrepreneur, with an activity related to one of the 7 districts of the Cité des Solutions;
- Gender parity of the 1000 Entrepreneurs;
- Geographical balance in terms of the origin of the Entrepreneurs;
- Balance of themes across the 7 districts*;
- To be the bearer of an innovative or duplicable solution, at a lower cost and with a strong impact to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view;
- Be registered on the Digital Africa platform.
The City of Solutions: 7 thematic neighbourhoods to create together the city of tomorrow.
- Access to essential services
- Feeding the cities
- Develop and beautify the city
- Getting around the city / visiting the city
- Living in the city
- Financing and structuring projects
- Connect the city
For more information, visit Digital Africa: What is the Challenge of 1000?